March 18, 2020
Please know that amidst this historic public health challenge our top priority and commitment is to our employees and to all of you, the incredible community that makes up Blacksmith Bakery. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following all guidelines and recommendations from our local health authorities.
We would like to let you know the steps we have taken to keep you and our team safe as we all navigate through this together:
- Decreased staff to essential personnel only.
- Decreased hours of operation to 8-3.
- Removed indoor seating.
- Implemented take-out and pick-up orders only.
- No cash sales – card payments only.
- All team members are monitored and free of any symptoms.
- Implemented extended hand-washing frequency and dramatically increased wash times.
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of all surfaces in our cafe and outdoor space.
- Increased deep cleaning schedules.
- Paused use of personal cups while still honouring discounts.
- Removed all self-serve items.
- We are actively working on finding delivery solutions for our local customers.
Your continued support during this time has meant so much to us. The best thing we can do as individuals and as a community is to stay informed, stay vigilant, and support each other as we fully adopt best practices to keep everyone safe. Please reach out to our team at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Stephan, Bernice and the entire Blacksmith Bakery team.