May 20, 2020
The following post details the steps taken by Blacksmith Bakery in response to the COVID-19 health crisis, in order to provide a safe environment for our team and community.
PHASE 1 OPERATION PROTOCOLS EXTENDED TO PHASE 2:
- Team member mandatory hand washing when entering, before changing.
- Team member 30 minute hand washing, or glove change cycle.
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of contact surfaces & increased deep cleaning.
- Sanitization of payment terminals between each customer use.
- No use of personal or reusable dishes in use, single use containers only.
- Team member health screening & temperature check of before start of shift.
- Team members and or customers with any symptoms, illness, or who share a home with anyone with symptoms or illness denied entry, and must complete a 14-day symptom –free self-isolation before entering our establishment.
- Team members provided with PPE – masks must be worn.
- 2m Customer social distancing rules posted on signs and enforced by staff.
- Installation of phone in ordering, online pre-ordering and a weekly local delivery day.
- Installation of curbside touch free pickup area
- Installation of 2m distancing markers inside and around restaurant.
PHASE 2 OPERATION PROTOCOLS NOW IN EFFECT WITH LIMITED DINE-IN SEATING:
- 2m distances between tables and no more than 6 seats at a table.
- Limit of less than 50% of usual occupancy & No events including more than 50.
- Post COVID-19 plan is now posted on our website and in the restaurant
NEXT STEPS UNDER WAY TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL SAFETY TO OUR COMMUNITY:
- Installation of protective sneeze guards at ordering/payment and pickup counters.
- Installation of hand sanitization stations for customers and team members.
- Retention of contact information for dine-in customers.
Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-371-0181 with any questions.